Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I’m up to date with everything, my iOS, the app, the base station and all of the cameras. Neither HomeKit or direct storage access works. I’ve restarted my base multiple times and it’s still not working. Any ideas on what to do? Should I delete the smart hub and reset it up again?
10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cwmmmm,

At what point are you experiencing an issue? Can you provide more details?

Are you following the instructions listed here when setting up each feature?

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
With direct storage access, when I go from the cloud to the smart hub it shows a loading bar then always says “videos stored on smart hub are not available please check your connection settings” and every time I try to access local recordings it’s on my home network same as the arlo smart hub. And with HomeKit the devices found loading spin thing just keeps spinning and never finds any devices.
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
HomeKit just keeps searching
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Local storage error message
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cwmmmm,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

TheMo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same error message for direct storage. Same cameras and also iOS. Same error on both iPhone and iPad Pro.

Tried reformatting the SD but it’s still not working.

Shrubb441
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you haven't fixed this yet, I had same problem until I enabled port forwarding on my router and input the IP address of hub and specified ports. 

jpmanciniii
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jpmanciniii wrote:
How did you do this

Details depend on your router.  What is the router's manufacturer/model?

SassyS
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue.  When I go to Arlo homekit setup I get the connection circle and it's just looking for my devices but it can't find it so no connection at all.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation