Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RDeeJ
Follower
Follower

I want to know if it is possible to arm one camera and leave others disarmed with geofencing while I am home.  Here is the scenario I would like:  During the day when I’m home, all cameras disarmed except the one at my front entrance.  All cameras are outside and I’m constantly moving around during the day.  Recently there was a vandalism incident a few doors down, the homeowner was home but the guy came into their garage and vandalized their vehicle.  A front camera caught him and recorded the incident.  This was on Ring cameras.  I keep my system on geofencing continually.  So basically the front entrance camera would be active all the time while geofencing in home mode and away mode. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
Normally geofencing “home” is configured to use disarmed mode.
Geofencing “away” mode is configured to use armed mode.

To enable a wanted camera you would need to create a new custom mode, Say called “front” and add a camera rule in that mode for the front camera. When the custom mode is set active then all other cameras will be disabled.
Once you’re happy that the custom mode works as expected. Enter the geofencing mode, edit the “home” configuration to select the new custom mode.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
Normally geofencing “home” is configured to use disarmed mode.
Geofencing “away” mode is configured to use armed mode.

To enable a wanted camera you would need to create a new custom mode, Say called “front” and add a camera rule in that mode for the front camera. When the custom mode is set active then all other cameras will be disabled.
Once you’re happy that the custom mode works as expected. Enter the geofencing mode, edit the “home” configuration to select the new custom mode.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation