Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Front door camera doesn't have good WiFi signal even when connected to Google Nest WiFi router

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Waleedhashimi
Aspirant
Aspirant

My front door camera doesn’t get a good wifi signal, even I have connected my smart hub to the Google Nest wifi Router and I have a google pointer close to the camera but still doesn’t get a good signal.
I have moved my smart hub in the middle so it covers the other 2 camera. The other 2 cameras have good wifi signal but the front door isn’t.
I have attached a photo of my front camera where you can see the wifi signal is very poor.
It would be nice to hear from an Arlo expert.
Cheers
Waleed

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is your house construction? Certain building types block signals well, stucco being probably the worst due to the wire mesh that supports it.

Waleedhashimi
Aspirant
Aspirant

All I know is that about the construction of the house is :

External walls are Double Brick

Roof has a Terracotta Tiles

Building Type: House on Poles.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would suspect that the double brick may be the issue with the density or the method of construction causing the signal to be weak. If that's the case, you can move the hub closer to the camera or purchase a second hub that is placed close to the camera so it gets a better signal. You can also try moving the camera to see if you can find a spot where it gets a good connection while still capturing what you need.

Waleedhashimi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes but the double brick homes are standard in Australia and I believe there are many Arlo user who has the same set up.

If I have to purchase another hub, I don't have another router to connect it to the internet and the house only let you know to connect to one internet router. I believe the hub can't be wireless so it detect internet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can connect a hub to a WiFi or powerline extender. 

Another thing to try is to move the existing hub to see if you can find a better location. Could be a couple of feet or use that extender to find a better location for all cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation