Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TDanziger
Initiate
Initiate

Who else has this happened to?

I have 4 Arlo ultra base stations and  20 camera's in my home, as well as 6 Arlo spotlights

I was paying $199. for a year elite subscription with 911, smoke/fire detection, package and pet detection, plus 60 days cloud storage. My renewal date was July 2020

Arlo has created an algorithm for detecting expired credit cards and removing them from your account regardless as to when you are scheduled to auto renew.  For my bank, if a recurring charge comes in with the wrong expiration date, it will pay and notify me to correct the date with that vendor. 

If the card has been removed from your account, it is impossible to process the payment and thereby creates a credit card problem that will trigger a cancellation of your legacy plan forcing you to upgrade to the new services, which aren't comparable.

Arlo purged my card from my account in November, 8 months before my renewal date,  which really is the only thing that should have triggered any action with the card

Arlo has created new service plans which cost more and provide less. They have informed me, you will lose your legacy if there is a credit card issue. Well, they have systematically created credit card issues by purging all expired credit cards. If you are fortunate and realize before they cancel your legacy plan, your plan lives on for another year. If not you will be upset like me attempting to find some resolution. There is no way to reinstate the legacy plan supposedly.

the new plan would be $14.99 a month for the first 5 camerasplus $2.99 per month for each of the 15 extra cameras at $44. 85 per month, and that is only 30 days of video storage. for a monthly total of $59.84 multiply that by 12 totals $718.08 per year 

my old elite subscription with 911, smoke/fire detection, package and pet detection, plus 60 days cloud storage was $199.99 annually

The difference between the new service plan and my legacy elite plan is $518.09 more with 30 days less cloud storage

the closest plan available is the business Enterprise plan, up to 40 cameras, 60 days cloud storage and none of the other elite features at $49.99 per month, multiplied by 12 months is $599.88

!!!!There is no ability to use the Arlo ultra features without a plan!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi TDanziger,

I've forwarded your information to the support team and they should be reaching out to you via email about your Arlo Smart plan.

MarkAUS
Initiate
Initiate

I've had exactly the same thing happen. I had my credit card in the app, and then once my 1 year smart trial finished, it dropped off. I spoke with Arlo support and they said the same as to you, that my credit card was deleted by Arlo and as a result I was forced off my legacy plan and can never get it back - here's what support had to say:

Arlo Support

Unfortunately, the legacy plan you have "if ever you do have this before" was already been canceled, so, there's no other way to get it back. The customers who remained using the Legacy plan did not cancel the plan itself. That's why it remains.

4:59:38 PM

Me

I never cancelled it - it expired and although my credit card details were updated in Arlo, it never renewed, so how could I remain on the plan?

5:00:41 PM

Arlo Support

I see. I do apologize but if the plan didn't get a renewal and then get canceled automatically, then there's really no other way to have the legacy plan back to the account.

but how could I have avoided it being cancelled when I did everything correct to enable the renewal including updating my credit card prior to renewal.

5:03:56 PM

Should Arlo have charged my card and renewed the plan then?

5:04:07 PM

Arlo Support

Actually, both ways should renewed the plan.

5:06:08 PM

Let me discuss this with my team instead, okay?

5:06:19 PM

Arlo Support

Thank you for waiting on the line. I have discussed this with my team and they said that there's really no other way to get it back if the legacy is canceled.

5:14:59 PM

Me

except I didn't cancel it. I fully expected it to be renewed and that hasn't happened so it's not my fault or contribution to this outcome - it's Arlos.

5:15:45 PM

Arlo Support

I understand and I do apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced right now, but, we really do apologize for what happened. When I put you on hold, I checked this with the other department and they said the same thing. That's why there's really nothing we can do to get it back.

I'd love if JessicaP could get back to me about this too, since I've had no support whatsoever. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MarkAUS,

If you were on the 1-year Arlo Smart free subscription, the only option you will have is the subscribe to the new Arlo Smart Plan; you can only keep your 1-year annual legacy Arlo Smart Plan if you were previously paying for it before.

You can read more about the new Arlo Smart Plans here: What changed in the Arlo Smart subscription plans?

DLBABQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar problem. I have a paid subscription. I received an email from Arlo on July 30 telling me that my Arlo subscription was going to auto-renew on 8-31-20. I was on the Arlo app today and my video history is gone. There is a message saying that 'Cloud storage keeps all your clips secure.' It wants me to activate a new subscription. Also on 2 of my cameras I'm now getting a message informing me that Activity Zones are disabled because my devices are disconnected from AC power; I don't ever remember seeing that message before.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi DLBABQ,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation