Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Feature request: Download video from Hub

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
digitaldias
Guide
Guide

Hello again all, sorry for all the different subjects, but I'm new and have a few questions that pop up 🙂

I see in the instructions that in order to see my 4k videos that are recorded on the hub, I need to physically remove the SD card and transfer the files myself. 

Isn't this unnecessary? What if you, in the webclient only for example, allowed for listing and downloading the 4k footage. It would not really take many lines of code to achieve, and it would preserve the risk of constantly inserting/removing the memory card. 

Since you already allow me to format and eject the card, I'm pretty sure that you can list the files contained in there too. As a bonus, having the ability to delete unwanted videos would make it easier to maintain that storage space.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@digitaldias wrote:

I see in the instructions that in order to see my 4k videos that are recorded on the hub, I need to physically remove the SD card and transfer the files myself. 

Isn't this unnecessary?

Arlo announced some time ago that they would provide direct access to the files on the SD card through the app (and web client) "in the second half of 2019". 

There was lot of negative user feedback when Arlo said they weren't going to offer the 7-day free cloud storage plan with the Ultra.  Offering direct access to the local storage (for free) was one part of Arlo's response.  The second part was providing the 1-year trial subscription.

With this context, its clear that Arlo will follow through on this announcement, so I am expecting this feature to be rolled out before the trial subscriptions expire.

One complication for you is the new Verisure partnership ( https://www.arlo.com/en-us/about/press-releases/2019/Arlo-Verisure-Partnership.aspx ).  I have no idea how that will affect features for folks in Europe.

digitaldias
Guide
Guide

Verisure is rebranding, however, I hope I can still manage my Arlo outside of their system. They typically do not allow the users to see anything from their cameras unless the entire house is armed, which means no live video. As I have this system outside of my Verisure subscription, and I have no ambition to merge them. They serve different purposes.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation