Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

My purchase of 4 x Arlo Ultra Camera System came with a Faulty Aus Power Adapter. This seemed like a simple issue that could be resolved easily - but this was certainly NOT the case!!

The Power Adapter came in 2 pieces - the adapter itself and the Aus 2 prong plug. They snap together to form a complete Power Adapter. This one was faulty - Two pieces snapped together fine but when connected to Power - nothing!! Tried several different power points - but still nothing.

I contacted Arlo Support - Clearly explained the issue - and they agreed to send me a replacement Power Adapter. They also instructed me to dispose of the faulty power adapter - which I did!!

Over the course of 2 months - and many, many emails back and forth - they sent me -

(1) The first shipment was one part of the Power Adapter minus the 2 prong Aus Plug. Impossible therefore to use it.

(2) The second shipment consisted of the Power Supply for the Arlo Ultra Hub? Never asked for this and obviously it did not solve the issue.

(3) The third shipment - again they sent one part of the Power Adapter minus the 2 prong Aus Plug???

Each time I received a shipment - I became more angry. How difficult was it to replace the part I asked for without any fuss!!

Starting to think that I have made a really huge mistake by trusting that Arlo was the Best Choice of Security Cameras with Excellent Back-up Warranty Service!!!

Not sure what to do from this point. I have emailed them (yet again) but don't expect 4th time lucky.

Just wanted to "Vent" my extreme disappointment with the treatment from Arlo that I have experienced!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just an update -

Well after 2 months of emails back and forth; numerous phone calls; being sent the incorrect replacement parts 3 times; and much frustration - Finally someone who listens!! The Arlo Representitive listened to my complaint; made sure she totally understood the issue and quickly sent me the CORRECT replacement Part. 

If only this had occured first time around it would have saved much grief and frustration - but I am very grateful!!!

Thank You!!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Words do not adequately describe how terrible customer support is with Arlo. Vent away......
Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank You!!!

I will "TRY" and ring them yet again today! Nothing more frustrating than paying a fortune for a 4 x Ultra Camera Set-up and NOT being able to charge them due to a faulty power adapter!!!!

Where did I go wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catemp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have a cold one before you call. It helps......
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blacky17557,

Please let me know the results of your support case. If you need any further assistance, please reach out to me in a private message and I would be glad to help.

JamesC

Blacky17557
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just an update -

Well after 2 months of emails back and forth; numerous phone calls; being sent the incorrect replacement parts 3 times; and much frustration - Finally someone who listens!! The Arlo Representitive listened to my complaint; made sure she totally understood the issue and quickly sent me the CORRECT replacement Part. 

If only this had occured first time around it would have saved much grief and frustration - but I am very grateful!!!

Thank You!!!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation