Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Munroeb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently connected my system to my Alexa app. I am getting false motion detection alerts on Alexa that do not come across as an alert on my phone nor does any recording happen. I read that others are having this issue that motion alerts outside of motion zones are triggering Alexa but not phones or recording. Any solutions available as I have disabled Alexa notifications due to frequent false alarms
11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Munroeb

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Munroeb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still getting false alarms on Alexa that don’t come through phone alerts and that are not recorded
tobydz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. I just got through reading the other thread on this issue that seems to have been locked. I have an Arlo Ultra wireless setup with two base stations. I have to turn off my driveway alerts in the Alexa app in the daytime or its just too disruptive.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

Munroeb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Only trouble shooting done was to assure my activity zones were correct. I also tried changing motion sensitivity. What doesn’t make sense is that Alexa is getting a motion alert from one of my cameras but there is no phone notification or recording so I don’t even know what set it off.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to relink your device to Alexa?

Munroeb
Aspirant
Aspirant
As you suggested I tried disconnecting my cameras from Alexa and then reconnecting. I still got an Alexa false alarm that did not come across as a phone notification or recording. Still experiencing problem
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your feedback. The notifications you are receiving are due to limitations to the filtering using the Alexa integration and activity zones. We are working to improve this experience. Stay tuned for future updates.

viclopez1112
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve seen many posts about this that are marked solved but the problem persists. I have connected my Alexa speaker and turned on motion alerts for my Arlo doorbell. The problem is Alexa announced there is motion at the front door when there isn’t any. Nothing recorded in the library and no notification on the Arlo app. I believe the Alexa skill doesn’t recognize the zones I have setup so it is alerting for any motion at all. If the arlo app doesn’t notify me about motion at my doorbell I don’t want Alexa to announce anything. When will this be fixed??
viclopez1112
Initiate
Initiate
That has been said since last year looking at other posts. When will it be fixed? My Ring doorbell didn’t have this issue at all.
Munroeb
Aspirant
Aspirant
As a new user this is not giving me much confidence to buy additional products. I went with Arlo as I read it was compatible with Smart Things which I have already made a significant investment in. I still don’t get any motion alerts to my Smart Things App. Was told that was being worked as well.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation