Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Exclude camera from notifications but don't want to turn it off and keep recording? Possible to do?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Flyatwind
Aspirant
Aspirant

I receive many notifications from a specific camera, and I would like to exclude this camera from the notifications.

At the same time, I don't want to turn this camera OFF, so that the Arlo Ultra base keeps recording videos, but do not send notification about this specific camera.

Is there a way to do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Flyatwind
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to select from which connected camera to receive movement notifications, keeping the recording active.

For example: I don't want to receive anytime motion notification from Camera 1, but I want it to be ON for recording.

This feature has been wished in other posts of the ARLO community.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Flyatwind wrote:

I receive many notifications from a specific camera, and I would like to exclude this camera from the notifications.

At the same time, I don't want to turn this camera OFF, so that the Arlo Ultra base keeps recording videos, but do not send notification about this specific camera.

Is there a way to do this?

If you have a subscription for the camera, then you can go into the smart notifications settings in the app or the web ui.  You then select the camera, and you can choose the notification types you want to disable (people, vehicles, animals, all other motion).

You can also change the rule for the camera so that it never notifies you.  If you do that, you probably should create a new mode, and not just edit Armed.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

If you are receiving too many unwanted recordings from the camera, you could also 

• adjust the camera position,
  • set up activity zones, or
  • reduce motion sensitivity.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation