Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Guide
Guide

Under Modes, I can get a email notification when a MOTION or AUDIO action is triggered.  Is there a way to get a similar email notification when a camera is OFFLINE?

I am setting up a series of filters on the receiving notification email address.  Some, I will forward to my self (ie Battery low status), but since I am not interested in the Motion or Audio actions, I wanted to check for the technical aspects of the camera.  Since they seem to go offline from time to time, I was wondering if there is a way that is captured.

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
I am not aware of this being possible although it would improve the system user confidence.

Some speculation is that to do so arlo would need to access the camera status continually and so likely discharge the camera batteries in days. It would also give the customer a unwanted concern if the offline issue was intermittent.
Additionally it would also clog the arlo server with traffic.
The base station could be configured to pole the cameras once a day but again it would have to let the user know when it returns online which would further confuse the customer.
I think it work better if it could be made optional for those wanting the feature.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation