Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dummies Guide to Arlo Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
THC104
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi experts,

Just bought a 3 camera Ultra system and dutifully ploughed through the user manual, but got confused as it's a reference manual rather than a user guide. I didn't give up but went online and read through the forum to see if it helped but have come to the conclusion that everybody asking and answering questions appears to be an expert and using words such as geofencing that go way over my head.

What I'm looking for is a Dummies Guide to Setting Up and Using the Arlo Ultra System.

Has anybody got any suggestions.

Thanks,

Tim

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

THC104,

Take a look at some of the articles on the support website here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/products/arloultra.aspx

Further down the page are also some videos you might find helpful.

For more specific questions, feel free to ask here and I or another community member can offer further insight.

JamesC

THC104
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I've read the articles and looked at the video.

I know how to connect the cameras. I've got them in place and working.

I'm now sitting here looking at my browser:

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/settings/mydevices

wondering 'Where on earth do I start?'.

Sorry to appear thick but I'd rather admit that I'm struggling than waste all this money I've just spent.

Tim

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Have you got beyond that screen and landed on your Arlo account?

How far have you penetrated the "Get Started" section in the manual?

What do you want to do next?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
THC104
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Sorry for the belated reply. I'm moving forward - slowly.

I would appreciate a bit of guidance.

To cut a long story short we were attacked at our front door but had no evidence to support a prosecution.

I've set up an Ultra camera pointing towards the front door and it's working fine. I've got it 'armed' all the time. The trouble is that I'm now overwhelmed by notifications and recordings. I can't see a way to be more selective without risking not capturing an event.

Any suggestions?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You will have to experiment with positioning and "rules" to home in on a setup that meets your needs. If you have a camera that points at a road, then you will inevitably catch cars as they pass by. So don't point at the road.

Without knowing the layout at your end, it is anybody's guess as to what you are seeing and how to adjust things.

Have you investigated "activity zones"?

How do I set up the Arlo Smart Cloud Activity Zones?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation