Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
RobynA
Tutor
Tutor

Hi. I am wondering if the Arlo Ultra detects through windows and also double pain windows? In one of the videos that is part of the new Ultra presentation, it gives the impression that the Ultra detects motion through the window. I currently have the Arlo Pro and it DOES NOT detect through my double pain windows and because I live in a lower (ground level) condo, putting the camera outside to be reachable by anyone to be stolen doesn't seem logical. Please advise! Thank you, Robyn A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Ultra uses PIR (Passive InfraRed) technology. Like Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras, it can not detect motion through glass. For best performance we recommend that you do not aim your camera through windows.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Ultra uses PIR (Passive InfraRed) technology. Like Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras, it can not detect motion through glass. For best performance we recommend that you do not aim your camera through windows.

JamesC

Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor
I have 5 older Arlo Pro 2’s work great.....BUT they don’t detect motion through glass. While I have 3 located outdoors (with no recording problems) 2 other are located inside looking through windows which Is fine for monitoring action that I know is going on, but of coarse because of the glass windows they are unable to detect motion by themselves....I have to turn on manually. Question, Can the newest Arlo Ultra activate motion by itself when looking through a glass window?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JamesC

53Crusher
Apprentice
Apprentice

In the Arlo marketing video, it shows the Ultra camera detecting a bad guy outside, through the living room windows. Might be why many people wonder if it will do what marketing says it does.......

KingBanana
Initiate
Initiate

That is kind of false advertising if you are showing how the Arlo Ultra is detecting a burgler outside a window casing out the place and it's zooming in on him automatically. Just saying.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation