Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Device views vs Library videos

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

I've noticed a difference in the DEVICE view vs the LIBRARY video view.  Several times , I will see that on the DEVICE view, a given camera shows being offline.  That could be for a long period of time during the day.

Then when I go into the LIBRARY view for that same given camera, I can see the videos that were captured.

So, do I assume that even while a camera is show as being offline, its still recording videos?

Only reason I say that is that I have one camera that is far away from the base.  So, through the course of the day, when I view via DEVICE it shows being offline.  But going into LIBRARY for the same camera during the same period of time, I can view Videos captured for the Cloud.

Is there a difference?

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
When you’re seeing the offline status, is it when using the arlo web portal or using the mobile app? If the web portal then does the mobile app see the same? If not, does the offline status change if you open a incognito window for the web portal?
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
Danny,
Same thing using the Web or Mobile. I do not see a change in the offline status using either method
Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok, just thought that you were experiencing similar behaviour I have with using the web portal where the the status never updates unless I clear cookies and data each time I login.

If you reboot the base station will the camera status return online?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

Only reason I say that is that I have one camera that is far away from the base.  So, through the course of the day, when I view via DEVICE it shows being offline.  But going into LIBRARY for the same camera during the same period of time, I can view Videos captured for the Cloud.

Which I think means that the system is confused about the device status.

As far as the browser goes, clearing the cache will sometimes resolve this (or alternatively, logging in using an incognito/private browser window).  I guess you could also try clearing the cache for the app (possible with Android, but with iOS the only way to do that is to uninstall/reinstall the app).

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation