Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connectivity Issue - Ultra camera has poor signal in my front yard

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
radar3549
Follower
Follower

I recently purchased the Arlo Ultra cameras to replace my original Arlo system. My problem is the front yard camera won't connect due to a poor signal with the Arlo Ultra camera (in the exact position as the previous camera).  I have Comcast Xfinity with the top tier internet. My question is can I tether the hub to the Xfinity Pod wifi extender via the enthernet cable and have an additional pod near the front yard camera and will I still have replay capabilities through the app?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not familiar with Xfinity but attaching the hub to any WiFi extender will work fine. However, an additional extender (pod?) won't help since the cameras only talk to the hub. Either moving the hub to be more central to all cameras and/or adding a second hub for those cameras with poor signal would be the solution.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I believe the signal strength is not the best in the Arlo hub.  I can go out to my RV and stream 4k movies using the wi-fi from my AC 3100 without a hiccup  but the Arlo struggles sometimes at half the distance.  That being said even though my hub is on top of my entertainment center for height,  I raised it 4 inches more, about 6 inches from the ceiling and have my strongest signal in 10 months.  Not more distance but stronger signal.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation