Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one Arlo Ultra camera and I am currently paying for the "Elite" plan and CVR recording. Should I change my plan to the Arlo Secure plus Plan and keep my CVR plan? Also have a related question that im sure someone here can answer. I just got a essential indoor camera just to check on my dog so I dont need any kind of motion alerts I just want to look in on her. It came with a 3 month trial so I am currently getting motion alerts even though I have de activated all motion alerts except cars, because the app says one must be enabled. if I just cancel the trial will I stop getting alerts?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mpscott00 wrote:

I just got a essential indoor camera just to check on my dog so I dont need any kind of motion alerts I just want to look in on her. It came with a 3 month trial so I am currently getting motion alerts even though I have de activated all motion alerts except cars, because the app says one must be enabled. if I just cancel the trial will I stop getting alerts?

No, you'll just start getting all alerts (but no recordings).

To do what you want, you need to create a custom mode that doesn't do notifications for that camera.  If you don't want notifications or recordings, then just disarm the essential, and only use it for livestreaming.

@Mpscott00 wrote:

I have one Arlo Ultra camera and I am currently paying for the "Elite" plan and CVR recording. Should I change my plan to the Arlo Secure plus Plan and keep my CVR plan? 

I think this depends on what you are paying, compared with the price of Secure Plus.  Keep in mind that you will need a subscription for the Essential also if you want it to record.

Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. I have the essential connected to my Hub so I don't think I can disarm the essential only to stop getting notifications and recordings. I did connect the camera directly to my wifi network but the lag in live video and response time when connecting to the live stream were really bad compared to when its connected to the hub.(I have a wifi 6 mesh router and satellite so wifi shouldn't be an issue with the delay when not connected to the hub). 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mpscott00 wrote:

I have the essential connected to my Hub so I don't think I can disarm the essential only to stop getting notifications and recordings.

You certainly can.  Create a custom mode for the hub that includes rules for each camera that you do want armed.  Don't put in any rule for the essential.

When you engage that custom mode, you won't get any notifications for the essential.

Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you, when I create a custom mode I see the attached screen shot. I see the description about turning off all smart notifications at the bottom. When I go to the web portal and try to turn off all notifications it says I must have one selected so I left the smoke and CO detection on but I still get notifications. 

IMG_5939.PNGScreen Shot 2022-07-23 at 8.05.24 AM.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mpscott00 wrote:

thank you, when I create a custom mode I see the attached screen shot. I see the description about turning off all smart notifications at the bottom. When I go to the web portal and try to turn off all notifications it says I must have one selected so I left the smoke and CO detection on but I still get notifications. 

Note you aren't turning off "smart notifications" in the mode.  You are telling the system not to notify you at all.

Is Lux the camera that you want to disarm?  Or is that the Ultra camera?  As I said above, the camera that you want to disarm doesn't appear in the custom mode at all. Don't add a rule for it.  Only the Ultra should be there.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation