Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Combine Geofencing AND Scheduling to disarm when we are home and use scheduling when away

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Pugnme
Follower
Follower

I would like to see Arlo upgrade the Mode options to allow users to combine Geofencing AND Scheduling so that we can program with Geofencing to disarm when we are home but then use Scheduling to override the Geofencing and arm the system from, say, 11 PM to 7 AM when we are in bed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

You can't already do this with geofencing? Generally, use the schedule for Home so any time you're at home the schedule is in use. The schedule would have multiple sections in it, perhaps with nothing for the times you're at home but not asleep.

Yeah, I agree.

Set the "away" mode in geofencing to "Armed", so cameras are alway armed when you are away.

Set the "home" mode in geofencing to "Schedule", and then set up the schedule to be "Armed" from 11 pm to 7 am, and "Disarmed" from 7 am to 11 pm. (Remember you'll need one "Armed" schedule entry for 11 pm to midnight, and another for midnight to 7 am).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't already do this with geofencing? Generally, use the schedule for Home so any time you're at home the schedule is in use. The schedule would have multiple sections in it, perhaps with nothing for the times you're at home but not asleep.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Yeah, I agree.

Set the "away" mode in geofencing to "Armed", so cameras are alway armed when you are away.

Set the "home" mode in geofencing to "Schedule", and then set up the schedule to be "Armed" from 11 pm to 7 am, and "Disarmed" from 7 am to 11 pm. (Remember you'll need one "Armed" schedule entry for 11 pm to midnight, and another for midnight to 7 am).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation