Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ckarm
Follower
Follower

I purchased this kit, solar panels and extra long power cables and then I added CVR recording to one camera. (over $1000.00) I paid for the upgrade prescription for 14 day recording for a whole year. After about 14 days the camera stopped recording on the timeline. When I called to open the case, I was told that with the 14 day subscription that after 14 days the camera will not record 24/7 and will start up again the next month. They did say that it will still record when motion is detected. The problem with that is sometimes when it records it looks like the FLASH (comic) ran by and you can't get their face. Stupid. 14 days of recording should mean that I can only go back 14 days at a time and the 30 day option I can go back 30 days. I paid for 14 days of storage. NEST does this. I have requested a full refund of both the cameras and the subscription but haven't heard anything. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ckarm wrote:

When I called to open the case, I was told that with the 14 day subscription that after 14 days the camera will not record 24/7 and will start up again the next month. 

Someone told you the wrong thing.  The 14 day subscription gives you 14 days of retention (as you assumed).

@JamesC might be able to escalate your case, and get it properly taken care of this time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As StephenB mentions, this subscription of CVR will provide 14 rolling days of continuous video recording. This means you can look back a maximum of 14 days. When you say the camera stopped recording on the timeline, what do you mean? What are you seeing on the timeline the indicates an issue?

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ckarm wrote:

I purchased this kit, solar panels and extra long power cables and then I added CVR recording to one camera. 

Just want to add that CVR requires AC power - solar panels won't work.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation