Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can the 3 second look-back (or pre-buffer) be increased?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
n11
Apprentice
Apprentice
When plugged in Arlo Ultra uses a pre-buffer to record the 3 seconds before activation. I have mine plugged in and have found that 3 seconds is a little short. It would be nice if it could be slightly longer, possibly 5, 10 or 15 seconds. For example I have a camera at the front of my garage aiming toward the street and activity is only detected about 1/2 way up the driveway (limited by a combination of distance from the camera as well as the activity zone). When a person triggers activation there is no recording of what vehicle they got out of if it drove away. While this is a minor example it demonstrates the need for a longer buffer.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC wrote:

n11,

The 3 second look-back feature is not adjustable at this time. You might revisit the positioning of your camera to be sure it's positioned for best performance.

Take a look here for more information: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

Thanks for the quick response JamesC. I now think that I should have posted this in the Arlo Idea Exchange as a suggestion and I'm going to do that now. My setup is good and doesn't need any adjustment...but it sure would be nice to have a little extra buffer time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

n11,

The 3 second look-back feature is not adjustable at this time. You might revisit the positioning of your camera to be sure it's positioned for best performance.

Take a look here for more information: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC wrote:

n11,

JamesC

Thanks for the quick response JamesC. I now think that I should have posted this in the Arlo Idea Exchange as a suggestion and I'm going to do that now. My setup is good and doesn't need any adjustment...but it sure would be nice to have a little extra buffer time.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation