Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Billychanarlo
Tutor
Tutor

I connect to the router with blue light is shown (good to connect with my phone). I press the connet button from the App, it all goes fastly where I found my base station in few seconds. 

However when it request to update the firmware, it failed. I click 'retry' and still the same case. I then click 'need help' button and select the Arlo Ultra camera system, it still not working. Currently no matter how I reset and connect the base station again, it always fails on firmware update. Also it can't get connected to other camera since it's not yet completed the setup. 

How can I restore the base station? 

Billy Chan

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and set up via a browser instead of app....  https://arlo.netgear.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Billychanarlo
Tutor
Tutor

How to update the firmware by web? I can only check the firmware version is 1.12.2.0_33535 but I can't update it. 

Also the fact is I can see the base station link to WAN. However when I click 'add device' from the App, and click this base station, it said the base station is 'Offline'.... But when I return to the device page, it's still in my account. 

I tried to remove the base station from App, click 'reset' from the base station, few times! same case here. 

1) Connect successful to the base station

2) Update the firmware for the base station (Loaded 3-4 minutes) - FAILED 

3) Base station is connected to my account and showing device info. 

4) Can't connect any camera - Base station is just not working.....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are your Internet speeds as reported by speedtest.net? Slow speeds can cause this.

It may also be a hardware problem. Either swap at the store or open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation