Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't turn the lights off: Ultra 2, Pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
skippy2
Guide
Guide

I am brand new to Arlo.  Have two Ultra 2 cameras, 3 Pro 4 cameras, and a VMB5000 model base station.

I've searched for how to turn the spotlights off.  The directions all say something like: 

The Spotlight can be disabled within the low light settings for your Pro 3 camera.

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your Pro 3 > Video settings > Low Light settings > toggle off the spotlight.

I have tried to follow these direction.  Under the settings menu of my Arlo account there is no selection available for My Devices. There is a Devices menu, but it's just a feed from cameras and no settings available.  I've also searched through all the possible settings in the iOS Arlo app, and can't find any Video Settings or Low Light Settings.

Please help me find the setting to turn off the lights on my cameras.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@skippy2 wrote:

1. Touch the camera on the devices screen.  This will take you to a new screen that shows the camera and the feed for that specific camera.
  2. Touch the settings wheel in the top right corner of that screen
  3. Select "Light Settings"

While there, also look at the "Night Vision" settings.  Change that to "Black & White" (actually infrared), so you will get usable videos at night.  Low Light color would require the spotlight to get reasonable video (unless the area is well lit at night).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@skippy2 wrote:

1. Touch the camera on the devices screen.  This will take you to a new screen that shows the camera and the feed for that specific camera.
  2. Touch the settings wheel in the top right corner of that screen
  3. Select "Light Settings"

While there, also look at the "Night Vision" settings.  Change that to "Black & White" (actually infrared), so you will get usable videos at night.  Low Light color would require the spotlight to get reasonable video (unless the area is well lit at night).

skippy2
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the solution.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation