Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MDC_RiverWatch
Tutor
Tutor

Our camera is attached to the side of a another person's property and pointed at our property.  This is with their permission of course.  However, we are picking up their sounds and we don't want to pick up their sounds.  We only want video, no audio.  However there is no way to turn off the audio at the source or permanently.  I go to Settings/ My Devices / Audio Settings and have turned all three choices OFF however it is still ON when I go to Live View or Library.  

VMB5000r4 (Base Station)

Arlo Ultra H6 (camera)

8 REPLIES 8
MDC_RiverWatch
Tutor
Tutor
Our camera is attached to the side of a another person's property and pointed at our property.  This is with their permission of course.  However, we are picking up their sounds and we don't want to pick up their sounds.  We only want video, no audio.  However there is no way to turn off the audio at the source or permanently.  I go to Settings/ My Devices / Audio Settings and have turned all three choices OFF however it is still ON when I go to Live View or Library.  

VMB5000r4 (Base Station)

Arlo Ultra H6 (camera)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MDC_RiverWatch,

Toggling off the microphone will disable all incoming audio from the camera. Check again to be sure your microphone is toggled off.

This is found within Settings > My Devices > select the desired camera > Audio settings > Microphone

MDC_RiverWatch
Tutor
Tutor

Did you read what I wrote?  Please go back and read it again.  I already toggled the audio switch OFF.  But that did NOT turn it off.  After toggling it off when I go to Live or look at any library videos the audio is ON.  

So my only solution appears to be putting a piece of duct tape over the opening on the front that receives sound then testing it to make sure it doesn't take in sound.

Arlo: FIX THIS!  This could cause real big problems if people can't permanently and universally turn off the collection of audio.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MDC_RiverWatch,

What client are you using to adjust the toggle (iOS, Android, Web)? I've tested this and wasn't able to replicate the issue. Did you go back and check to make the sure the toggle stayed off?

JamesC

MDC_RiverWatch
Tutor
Tutor

It's happened both on my iPhone (iPhone 8 Plus) and also on my desktop computer browser (iMac 2017, browser: Safari Version 12.1.1).

Yes, the toggles always stayed off.  The that is not the problem.  The problem is that with the audio toggles off when I go to view video, both Live View and Library of saved videos there is audio that is default ON.   

As administrator I want to be able to turn off the audio at the source and permanently so that no sound can be heard by anyone who accesses the camera or even when I myself view video in Live View or Library.

Please email me or call me and we can do a video conference where I do screen share with you and I can show you.  I don't want to post my number or email here but I'll give it to you if you email me.  You should have my email.

This is urgent.  I have taken the camera down because of this.  I can mention why it is urgent when we talk.  Without a software fix I've put duct tape over the audio input slot on the front of the camera.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MDC_RiverWatch,

This should not occur if the toggle is disabled. Please do not post any personal information here.

If you would like to discuss this further, I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team and open a ticket. You can find methods of contacting the support team here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Thanks,
JamesC

HTRPM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same issue. Have 5 cameras and can turn the audio (microphone) off on some and not on others. It allows you to toggle to off but that does not stop audio from being streamed. Did you get a fox for this issue when contacting technical support. Thanks in advance
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HTRPM,

When you disable the microphone do you get audio on both live streams and recordings? Is there any difference?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation