Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't download videos anymore with Smart Elite plan

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Adsa79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently moved off the free 12 month Arlo Smart Plan subscription to a Arlo Smart Elite Plan which has 4K cloud recording.  I can no longer download videos to my iPhone photo library as I receive a (Cocoa error -1) message at the top of the screen. I can download on a computer but playback shows a grey screen with audio only.  Videos downloaded perfectly while I was on the free subscription but now that I am paying for it nothing works. Even reviewing the videos in the Library skip and pause and don't show the video seamlessly. I contacted support but haven't heard from them in 2 days even after responding to their email and updating the case i was assigned.

I uninstalled the app from my phone, restarted photo and reinstalled the Arlo app and this hasn't fixed anything. Permissions to iPhone photo library are set to read and write. Starting to think the 4K is a waste of money because if I can't view and download videos what is the point. Really disappointed. Any feedback would be great!

7 REPLIES 7
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I also have that problem.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Welcome to the club of the big giant Arlo mess they constantly break things
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Adsa79

I have a few questions for you.

1. Which version of the Arlo app are you using
  2. What iOS version is your iphone running
  3. Can you please provide a screenshot if this error message
  4. Is this happening on wifi & mobile data?
Adsa79
Aspirant
Aspirant
iPhone software is 12.4.6 and the Arlo app is 2.17 (441). It can’t download on mobile data and wifi. The fact that when I download it on my brand new Mac it just plays back as a grey screen is also a problem.
Error message attached. Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Adsa79

I am not able to replicate this issue with my iPhone 11 Pro Max running 13.5.1 or my Macbook running Catalina 10.15.4.

Can you make sure your iPhone is on the latest OS 13.5.1 & Macbook as well.

Adsa79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShayneS,

My Mac is running Catalina 10.15.4 and I can't even view videos online and when downloading them. I have tried Safari, Firefox, Chrome which are all the latest versions. In a browser it says "this video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view."  Once downloaded the file won't open in QuickTime and in VLC it plays back sound only with a grey screen still.

I only have a iPhone6 so I can't download the latest software but regardless, I should be have this many problems when logging into my account to view. I am paying for a service that isn't actually providing a service.

As I previously said this has only happened since the free subscription ended and I signed up to the elite plan with 4K cloud recording.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & you escalations number is 41752651. Someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation