Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't attach cameras to my ARLO base station.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jkcarlile
Aspirant
Aspirant

About two weeks ago my ARLO Ultra system lost the ability to display the status of the cameras. The cameras were still working but I couldn't see the batter life etc. I made the mistake of deleting the cameras and trying to restore them. I couldn't add the cameras back. I performed a factory reset of the base station and I still can't add the cameras back. Sometimes the base station appears to be online and I can see it's status and sometimes not. However, every time I try to add a camera it either says the base station is offline or I get as far as giving the camera a name but it never completes the process to add the camera. I now have a totally non-functional system and I'm completely frustrated. I've unplugged the power cord and the network cable from the base station but that didn't fix the problem, I've done a factory reset and that didn't fix the problem (I've tried both of these multiple times). The base station can never successfully update it's firmware either. I'm starting to think that the base station has either a hardware or software failure. However, there appears to be no way to contact ARLO by phone or email. The only option I see is a chat option which I don't prefer. I've gone from loving my ARLO system to hating it in about a week and a half.

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@jkcarlile wrote:

However, there appears to be no way to contact ARLO by phone or email. The only option I see is a chat option which I don't prefer. I've gone from loving my ARLO system to hating it in about a week and a half.

If you have a subscription, then you should see a phone option.  Are you looking in the support section of the app?

@jkcarlile wrote:

I'm starting to think that the base station has either a hardware or software failure. 

Very possible.  More likely hardware, given that other folks here aren't reporting your symptoms.

Have you looked at the base station LED status when the app shows the base as offline?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jkcarlile wrote:

However, there appears to be no way to contact ARLO by phone or email. The only option I see is a chat option which I don't prefer. I've gone from loving my ARLO system to hating it in about a week and a half.

If you have a subscription, then you should see a phone option.  Are you looking in the support section of the app?

@jkcarlile wrote:

I'm starting to think that the base station has either a hardware or software failure. 

Very possible.  More likely hardware, given that other folks here aren't reporting your symptoms.

Have you looked at the base station LED status when the app shows the base as offline?

jkcarlile
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB, in regards to your questions: 1) I was using the webpage not the app to look for tech support options but I will try the app. 2) the light at the bottom of the base station is blue which would seem to indicate that it is online. However, when I try to attach the cameras the app indicates that it is offline.

Hellcat21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have any answers but I would just like to voice my frustration. I had the same situation happen to me. I have 3 Ultras and a base and tried to use the chat. While I typing my scenario it timed out because I wasn't fast enough. It was then I realized I was chatting with a robot. 

No phone number, no e-mail, you'd think if you spent over $1K plus 10 bucks a month you could get past the robot.

I canceled my subscription but the kept taking money from my credit card so out of frustration I renewed and it's a different plan but it does the same stuff and everything started working again so I'm just going to sign off before the robot shows up at my door.

jkcarlile
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, after not being able to update the firmware on the base station for weeks and not being able to connect my Ultra cameras to the base station I was almost ready to just cancel my Arlo subscription. However, after letting the whole thing sit idle for a few weeks I tried it one last time last night and it worked. I didn't do anything different that I had been trying to do weeks ago but somehow it worked this time. I don't know what caused the problem or what resolved it but my cameras are all functional again. It is a little disconcerting that it stopped working then started working without any discernible cause.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation