Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Restart SmartHub. Says "Your camera is busy and cannot restart" error message.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've found that if there is a weak signal to a camera that a SmartHub restart will often boost the signal. Sometimes when I try to restart the SmartHub it says a camera is busy. I try several times and get the same error message. I usually have to try quite a while later to get it to restart. Should I just remove power from the SmartHub to get a restart? Is something wrong with my equipment?

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by trying to get the signal level increased first. You may need to move the hub and/or camera to accomplish this.

While the Restart button is a convenient way to reboot the hub, remember that you can always unplug the hub or use the power switch (if there is one) to do the same thing.

n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdat 

Thanks. Unfortunately my hub is suspended in mid air between my living room and dining room with wires running to it. It's in that ridiculous location because it's the only place that I can get a (somewhat) decent signal from cameras on four sides of my house.

I'll use your tip and remove power when resetting is blocked by an active camera.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation