Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I make all sirens go off together when there is movement in any camera?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Todd-
Tutor
Tutor

I have a very old Arlo system but was wondering if I was to upgrade can i make all sirens go off (together) when there is movement detected in any camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

In the rules for camera 1 click " add device" and add the cameras you want and check the siren for each one. They will have the same options to adjust. That triggers others cameras what to do when camera 1 detects motion. That is assuming your upgrading your whole system. The reason @michaelkenward ask about your old system is they may not have a siren in the cam or be compatible with a newer smart Hub. 

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Todd- wrote:

I have a very old Arlo system but was wondering if I was to upgrade can i make all sirens go off (together) when there is movement detected in any camera?

What sirens are these?

What is this old system?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Todd-
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for your message. I probably should have been more specific. I was referring to a new Ultra system.

On my old system I can say if motion detected on cam 1 also start recording on camera 2

Can I do similar on a brand new 4k system.

In other words if motion detected on cam 1 also sound siren on cams 2,3&4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I'm still confused about what this "old system" is.

If you are just adding more cameras to an existing Ultra system, nothing changes. Anything you did on the old system carries over to the new one.

Just adjust the rules to take in the new cameras.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Todd-
Tutor
Tutor
Don’t worry about old system. Irrelevant.

Can you make all sirens on all cameras fo off based in motion detection on just 1 camera

dcfox1
Master
Master

In the rules for camera 1 click " add device" and add the cameras you want and check the siren for each one. They will have the same options to adjust. That triggers others cameras what to do when camera 1 detects motion. That is assuming your upgrading your whole system. The reason @michaelkenward ask about your old system is they may not have a siren in the cam or be compatible with a newer smart Hub. 

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Not if "old system" has hub with siren. Next time check what the user has in place before sounding off. L

Just another user
Todd-
Tutor
Tutor

????

Todd-
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @dcfox1 ,

This confirms what I thought would be the case.

As per tag, I am considering purchasing a whole new system

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation