Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
epine
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to initially set up the Arlo ultra system and was finally able to have all the cameras connect to the hub, with some difficulty since the cameras I found do not have the range as advertised (barely 100 feet in my situation when there were 2 rooms between the hub and outside camera).  Once I mounted 2 of the cameras, the Arlo app indicated all the cameras were "checking status".  After more than half an hour, I decided to reset things by removing and reinstalling the hub.  Since then, none of the cameras are able to be discovered by the hub despite unplugging and restarting the hub, removing and reinstalling the batteries from the cameras, removing/ reinstalling the Arlo app and moving my WiFi extenders to optimize the internet connection.  Before I take everything down and return the system, any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@epine,

Have you tried to reconnect the hub directly to the router and bringing the cameras closer to the hub?

I am a little confused when you say wifi extenders. Typically, the way to increase the range for cameras that have difficulty connecting is to connect more hubs to wifi extenders. In other words, you might need to put extenders closer the far reaches of your home and connect a hub to each extender, connecting the closest cameras to the hub that it is closest to. Simply adding wifi extenders without connecting hubs to them will do nothing to extend the range of the cameras.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, when resetting the system, all devices must be removed from Settings, My Devices for it to work properly.

socoguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same problem, just bought the ultra and getting very limited range with my cameras.  You mention adding additional  hubs to the wifi extenders, I don't see an option to buy just the Ultra hub through Arlo's website.   What is the url for additional Ultra hubs?

brh
Master
Master

@socoguy 

unfortunately, the Ultra hub is not for sale by itself and I hope that will change soon. I am surprised to see several people mentioning poor range with the Ultra hub and cameras. With my Pro system I had to have two base stations to get a good signal to all of my outdoor cameras but with the Ultra hub, I am getting good signal strength to all of my outdoor cmaeras using only one hub. Very strange.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation