Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not recording. All settings are the same but no recording when motion is detected.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
James1012018
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras does not record to cloud or hub .. all settings are the same as the ones that are working light comes on when motion is detected but no recording I have six cameras Can you help

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you removed and reconnected the camera? Also, you show 2 different bases - 4500 and 5000 - which are you using for local recordings? Is the camera connected to that base?

James1012018
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s the 5000 and have reset everything and the one camera still not working it’s comes up on mobile app as motion been detected but still no recording
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Bring the camera closer to the hub and test. If still no good, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

diann
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. Cameras are working, but not detecting ANYTHING or recoding.  No settings have been changed.  Rebooted the Hub - didn't help.  The little blue light on the camera isn't coming on nor does the motion sensor light come on. HELP

dcfox1
Master
Master

@diann wrote:

I'm having the same issue. Cameras are working, but not detecting ANYTHING or recoding.  No settings have been changed.  Rebooted the Hub - didn't help.  The little blue light on the camera isn't coming on nor does the motion sensor light come on. HELP

Since you say the cameras are working I assume you have Live view? Do you have a current Smart subscription if the year long trial on Ultra ran out? If you have local recording set up do you have recordings there. When you said no blue light on the camera are you trying to pair it again to the Hub? 

James1012018
Aspirant
Aspirant
No live view, have full subscription,.. I have blue light on , and will record to hub but only for under a second
James1012018
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m just thinking of throwing it out and selling all my other cameras very frustrating.. it recording to hub as I have a sad card in it . But for under a second.. it’s doesn’t record to cloud.. when pushing live recording it won’t work .. light comes on when motion is detected. I’ve had enough lol thanks
diann
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just figured that out. Got out all paperwork and didn't realize my 1 year included subscription expired 4-12-21.  Packages for the plan state  UP TO 5 CAMERAS.   We have 8.....so do I have to buy 2 packages? 

This is getting very frustrating and costly.  Thanks 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@diann wrote:

We have 8.....so do I have to buy 2 packages? 

You purchase a 5-camera plan, and then add three more cameras.  The additional three are half the price when you have a 5-camera subscription.

For example, with current US pricing,  Premier would be $9.99 for five cameras, plus about $4.50 per month for the remaining three.  Elite would be $14.99 + about $7.50 per month.

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

diann
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for the information.

Appreciate it.

DiAnn Leman

dcfox1
Master
Master

@diann  Its not uncommon to forget on Ultra when the year long trial runs out, that's why I asked.

Glad it was simple. 

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation