Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Hewvis
Follower
Follower

arlo ultra camera 

got a message this morning that camera battery was low (have it connected to arlo solar panel ) took it down popped it open and checked it , stuck it on charger wouldn,t charge , rung amazon support and then put through to arlo support 

we tried battery from over camera and reattached charger, it then started charging fine tho was very slow to charge stuck at 80 per cent got hot , so popped it open again left it apart for hour or so , came back put back together and reattached wall charger was was at 99 per cent so reinstalled to original location and reattached solar panel , tonight when viewing camera noticed was very foggy looking , cleaned lens no difference , also 9 times out of ten a unexpected error comes up or is offline , hasnt been moved from original location so know its getting wifi signal , also when i can connect to it , the night vison is blinking on and off every second (pitch black to night vison over and over ) thinking camera is bad , does anyone have any ideas >? 

10 REPLIES 10
rsrb4him
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue that these cameras do not take sharp clear video as advertised or what you would see on the box.  Night vision is worse than my ARLO Pro 2.  I don't use the camera lights.  Videos during the day are also not crisp, tried zooming in on a license plate of my vehicle in my driveway, which I could not read it. It seems ARLO is ignoring these messages. I have one camera that I use for wildlife in my backyard, it will not detect animals PERIOD. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are experiencing?

JamesC

rsrb4him
Tutor
Tutor

What you advertise on the packaging at Best Buy does not meet or perform as indicated.  The images I am providing you are close up, they are useless if one had to zoom in on a face or license plate.  On your packaging, you show a license plate zoomed in and is crystal clear.  In addition, Nowhere on the packaging, does it advise the buyer that in order for 4K to be functional, you have to spend an additional $20 per camera per month on top of the premier package.  I returned the entire $1200 system back to Best Buy.  

PS, I could not respond to your email, as it was rejected and sent back to me.  

RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
My outdoor cameras are both fogged over this morning. It rained hard two days ago. How do you prevent this?

I have Wasserman covers with small hoods on both.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

try it without the hoods... some hoods reflect the ir making pic washed out

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
It looks like condensation.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RSC1 wrote:
It looks like condensation.

You could try Rain-X or a similar product.

RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
That’s an idea, if a surfactant doesn’t mess the image. The porch camera is under a roof and the rear deck camera is not, but their images look the same.

Now that it’s warmer and sunny, they’re fine.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I've applied Rain-X, and haven't seen any degradation.

RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ll give it a go.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation