Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera battery does not charge in specific Ultra camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NetgearNetowkri
Guide
Guide

Switched the batteries in the cameras to find that only one camera has a battery that will not charge.  All batteries are good and working well.  The battery ONLY does not charge when in a specific camera.  Changed out the outer casing of this camera to see if the casing might be the problem but was able to rule it out.  I've tried a for sure working battery & two different for sure working charging cords on this particular camera, and no luck.  Can't get it to charge.  I can put a charged battery in it and the camera works fine except it doesn't charge.  I've taken the camera off my account & reset the camera.  After the reset it was added back onto my app.  Still NO change.  It will not charge on it's own.  Can anyone offer a resolve to this issue??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NetgearNetowkri wrote:

It will not charge on it's own.  Can anyone offer a resolve to this issue??

If the camera is under warranty, you can contact support and get an RMA.

You could also work around the limitation by getting a battery charger accessory and a spare battery.  Then just swap the fresh battery in it fails.  Alternatively, just swap the dead battery with a charged one in another camera, and then charge it in the fully working camera.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NetgearNetowkri wrote:

It will not charge on it's own.  Can anyone offer a resolve to this issue??

If the camera is under warranty, you can contact support and get an RMA.

You could also work around the limitation by getting a battery charger accessory and a spare battery.  Then just swap the fresh battery in it fails.  Alternatively, just swap the dead battery with a charged one in another camera, and then charge it in the fully working camera.

NetgearNetowkri
Guide
Guide

Thanks so much for your response StephenB.  Much appreciated!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation