Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

Today my front camera recorded my fiance coming back into the house, but didn't get her when she originally left and left again when she headed out for the day.  I started looking into this and it looks like the camera is just not recording motion.  The camera is on and I can watch it live, even re-created the activity zone with no change.

Not sure why this would happen out of the blue..  Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling that these camera just decide when they don't want to record activity.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tech-D

Have you tried to reboot the camera by removing & re-inserting the battery? If that does not help, you can remove the camera from Settings > My Devices & Re-add the cam to your base station or samarthub. Be sure to note any rules set for the camera to re-add.

Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS thanks for the suggestion, I needed to get a step stool to get the camera so I didn't get around to it yet..

But funny thing is, the only thing I did was recreate my activity zone and went out immediately to test and it didn't work.  About 20 min later I went out and came back and now the camera is working.

Also looking through my phone I see that I have alerts on my front camera stating there is a package, but when I go to my videos there is none there.  So something is going on in the backend where the videos are being kept.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe not. First, camera positioning is important so motion is across the FOV and not to/from the camera. Motion sensitivity in your modes and rules may also need to be changed. Also, your Arlo Smart settings in Settings may need to be changed, whether by (de)activating  the camera or changing what is to be presented in the library. Arlo will always record and send to the servers for post-processing to determine if the object is one of those selected. If not, the video is discarded. I use local recording which keeps all recordings (no post-processing) as a way to verify this.

Tech-D
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat  Thanks for the information, I didn't get around to taking the camera down so that I could delete it and re-add it, but noticed that since my last post the camera is working as it should again.  Catching all motion properly as it should and recording the videos so that I can view them in the app.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation