Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
WileE
Star
Star

i have been submitting tickets for service regarding the CVR i am paying for since november 2019.

no solutions just excuses and surveys!   i have had two criminal events on my property and vehcile damage that should have been recorded but CVR system is down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is beyond belief and i am sick of it. time to turn in cameras for full refund, refund of subscriptions and complaint to better business bureau. if you cannot deliver a service than do not sell it and advertise it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi Wile, I actually canceled my CVR about a month because of same issues as you. Large, large gaps (6+ hours) and half days missing and no one could give a clear answer. And it happened quite often.

So now I rely on my local SD motion recordings if I really need something since that has never given me a problem.

Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same. I had CVR plan for 1.5 months and finally cancelled. I put in for refund. It worked for just a couple of times. 99% of the time I was unable to view any CVR data on my iOS app or the website. Number interaction with Arlo support went nowhere. They are aware it's broke. I haven't had criminal activity but I have had 3 very suspicious activity that I had to piece together with other cams. Would have been really nice to have forage from my CVR camera.
Bluestreak20
Apprentice
Apprentice
It seems the server maintenance fixed my working CVR plan.. Since resubscribing CVR has worked flawlessly until 1200A on 2/19/2020. I have zero CVR data since. 1159P on 2/18 is where it stops. This is ridiculous. Shame on me for resubscribing.
WileE
Star
Star

have you heard if arlo cares enough to try and fix? i have been encountering same issue since nov. 2019

SeanBishop
Initiate
Initiate
So I have had my Arlo Pro cameras less than 72 hours. Set up cvr recording straight away. It worked fine for 6 hours on the first evening.

I went to check some footage the next morning and there was nothing there at all bar the first 6 hours the evening before.

So here’s how I kinda have it working for the time being.

I click the 3 dots and go to timeline, it goes straight to live view. I click the date option and go to when I know there is footage. I let it load and after a few minutes I go to the next day. And low and behold I can now see all the footage that has been recorded. Works for me for the time being.
firesec
Guide
Guide
Yeah I canceled for the exact same reason. For such a premium brand company they really struggle with fixes and communication. Do they even have patch notes explaining their progress?
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation