Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Barto123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whenever I try to watch live mode in the android app, I get a black screen with audio about 75% of the time. I used to get video more often but the problem is getting worse. Please help. 

78 REPLIES 78
Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah same here. Logging out and relogon - didnt work

Turning it off, running on1080p and then turning again on - again working.

So fix must be close
Shark10006
Guide
Guide

It has worked like this for a long time already. Toggling 2K on and off makes it work for a while (or until you log off and on again). I'm quite sure Arlo hasn't done anything to fix the problem yet! I have had the black screens for about 4 months now!!!

Arlo, WHY don't you fix this problem???!!! Do you understand that watching 2K live is a part of the monthly that fee we are paying you! I want a discount from the monthly fee for looking at black screens! I have 12 cameras, 5 base stations! (Samsung Galaxy S10+ always with the latest Android updates).

Dumdidum
Tutor
Tutor
Great news: the App update which came yesterday did fix this on my device!
Finaaaaally!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New versions of the Arlo mobile app for Android and iOS are available in the app store. For those experiencing this issue, please update to the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App.

If you're still experiencing the same issue on this version of the Arlo mobile app, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate.

JamesC