Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Clevhead19
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello group. I just want to make people aware about thieves on OfferUp. I purchased a 4 camera ultra on offer up from a Courtney on In Florida for $500. She said that OfferUp would take 10% so she asked could I pay with Apple Cash. I never used Apple Cash but the deal was too good to pass up. I sent the $500 plus $13 for shipping and I sent it to her. I asked if she received it and she no. I then contacted Apple support and they verified she received the money. I then called her to discuss what might have went wrong on her end only to find out the number was now disconnected. I contacted Apple and they said they couldn’t help me. I called my bank and they can’t help me. I contacted OfferUp (no number) via the app to let them know I was scammed. Now here I am with over $500 stolen from me and no support from anyone. Be carful on OfferUp, it’s sad how people can do that to someone and not blink an eye. I will be filing a police report but what will they do in Arizona when she is In Florida. If the deal is too good to be true don’t chance it. But direct or from an authorized distributor. Love your product and maybe I will we able to buy them one day.
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sorry for the issue you having... as mentioned, that's why an authorized dealer is important.

thieves have been on all the external selling sites for years.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Clevhead19
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Tom,

I sure learned my lesson.
It was a costly one, I had never been ripped off like this before. People are so cruel to each other these days. Thanks for you advise.
Socaldude101
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wow I feel sorry for you that that happened you know what they say if something is too good to be true it probably is. Try to do business just local without shipping. I hope OfferUp follow suit with Craigslist and starts charging people to list expensive items because of the scammers usually pay to list bogus ads
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation