Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Our lake community has several ARLO cameras for Security.   I recently picked up 2 ARLO Go 2 LTE with SIM card since it is monitoring an open field.   Other cameras are the ARLO Ultra VMC5040.  Apparently in the past month the battery went down to 0%.   I am charging it using the magnetic charger that came with the VML2030.   It seems that all the ARLO chargers are the same (I hope)   I am trying to bring the ARLOG Ultra online using my ARLO App.  But when I go to add the new device, its identifies a base station.    My question is can I bring the ARLO Ultra online to check the batter status without having a base station?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

My question is can I bring the ARLO Ultra online to check the batter status without having a base station?

The Ultra only connects to the base station.

When fully charged you should see a solid blue LED on the camera.  But if you are just onboarding, it's sufficient to charge it for an hour or so.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm reading the original message as confusing. It appears that the dead battery is in a Go 2 but then you mention connecting an Ultra. Are the Ultras already in use in the community or are you trying to add a new Ultra?

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

I apologize.

The ARLO Go 2 Cameras are fully charged.

It was the set of ARLO Ulta that were not charged.   But I do have one fully charged, but since I am not at the base station, I can not verify

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera is fully charged you  should see a blue LED on it (unless someone turned that off at some time in the camera settings). It should have automatically reconnected to the hub when power was applied - can you verify that in the app or web client? You shouldn't need to be at the hub to do so. 

If the batteries were fully depleted you may need to use the procedure found in the FAQs in the support section to properly charge them. This involves charging multiple times to get enough voltage in the battery to allow a proper and complete charge. A good strategy is to occasionally monitor the battery voltages and recharge after they reach 25% or so. That way the cameras never run out of battery.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation