Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio only on sd card

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ruko
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an Arlo Ultra camera and Smart Hub.  I am trying to get it set up but having difficulty with the SD Card storage. I do not have the cloud storage subscription at this time. The problem I have is when an event it triggered it is recording an audio clip only onto the sd card, there is no video.  I can view the real time video through the app but it is not being recorded. I have tried switching the 4K live streaming on and off but it makes no difference.

I am sorry I am new at this and may be missing something simple. I have also tried to search for an answer but have not found anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it shouldn't make a difference, try removing the local storage and plug it into a computer to see if there's a difference. If you don't already have it, download the free VLC program for the computer since some players have issues with Arlo recordings.

Ruko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, I will try that. I am using an older computer at the moment as my regular one is being repaired. The media player may need to be updated.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation