Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Palekto
Star
Star

Starting to having regret about Arlo.

One of my cameras fell down, and the fisheye got cracked.

And as i reading the threads there is no spare parts?

so just because of a crack a camera that costed me 418$ is now useless.

This is supposed to be a premium product, and i dont get the feel of it.

cant even replace the most importand and exposed part.

Why not just have the fish eye as a screwd on component and easy to replace?

Had so much trouble since i got it two weeks ago and now this..
Wont recommend this product to anyone just yet...

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gee, I ran my car into a tree and I have to pay to get it fixed. Not quite the same but really...

The various cameras can't be repaired by users. You can try contacting support using the link at the bottom here to see what they would have to say about invoking your warranty. I doubt it but maybe, just maybe...

Palekto
Star
Star

Not sure if you are toxic or fanboy.

But thats saying that if you crashed your car you have to buy a new one... think not so many would buy that car..

Same with phone you want to be able to repair it.

Is that so strange with this?

How economic/enviromantal friendly is this product?

Sorry, you scratched/broke your lens touth luck... get a new one and throw away the other

Great!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Palekto wrote:

One of my cameras fell down, and the fisheye got cracked.

Perhaps worth a call to support, and see if they will do a warranty replacement.  If you used Arlo mounts, and followed their installation instructions then it shouldn't have fallen down by itself.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Fsaraceno91
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im kind of having the same issue My golden retriever chewed up my 15 min out of the box camera my camera is still working 100% but I'm not positive its weather resistant or Safe      I'm willing to buy the new case to attempt to repair it myself and I take 100% responsibility if I break it in the attempt But Arlo doesn't offer Parts . That make me scratch my head Maybe I should look into producing parts for this empty market   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fsaraceno91 wrote:

My golden retriever chewed up my 15 min out of the box camera my camera is still working 100% but I'm not positive its weather resistant or Safe      I'm willing to buy the new case to attempt to repair it myself

You can get a new camera housing for the Pro3 or Ultra ( https://shop.arlo.com/accessories.ultra/VMA5200H-10000S.html?_ga=2.134290998.671062505.1576413111-13... ).  It only comes in black though.

If you have a Pro-2 or Pro, then you could alternatively get camera skins (which might help protect the camera).  https://shop.arlo.com//s/arlo/accessories.pro.pro2/VMA4200C-10000S.html?_ga=2.188716655.671062505.15...

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation