Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ESentz
Guide
Guide
Hello,
Sometime last night, one of my arlo cameras stopped working. Despite motion in the area of the camera it would not notify me or record. I tried to connect to the camera through live view and it would say failed to connect. I replaced the battery, though it was not reporting low and still the issue persisted. I removed the device from the base station and tried to reconnect the camera. Now the camera will not sync or connect to the base station. I have tried a new battery, rebooted and unplugged the base station for several minutes, rebooted the camera via the sync button, tried the sync button on the base station, used the app as well as the web portal, all have not worked. Anybody experienced this before? And if so, any thoughts on how to fix. Thank you in advance for your help.
9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ESentz wrote:
 I have tried a new battery, rebooted and unplugged the base station for several minutes, rebooted the camera via the sync button, tried the sync button on the base station, used the app as well as the web portal, all have not worked. 

Are you seeing the blue flashing light when you press the sync button on the camera?

ESentz
Guide
Guide
The light flashes blue and at a slower rate then it speeds up and will eventually flash orange. The same goes for the base station.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ESentz wrote:
The light flashes blue and at a slower rate then it speeds up and will eventually flash orange. The same goes for the base station.

The next step is to remove all devices from the account, reset the base station, and set it all up again.  https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

If that fails, then contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

ESentz
Guide
Guide
Thank you for your help! I was able to reconnect the camera after resetting the base station and readding all the cameras. Now, the one camera that was not able to connect previously, still will not connect to live view or show recordings.
ESentz
Guide
Guide
To add to the above. Now it is recording, but the clips are 0 seconds long with nothing being stored on the SD card.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ESentz wrote:
To add to the above. Now it is recording, but the clips are 0 seconds long with nothing being stored on the SD card.

Maybe try rebooting that camera (remove and reinsert the battery).  If that doesn't resolve it, then contact support.

TeslaDriver
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI, 

Any update with this post?  I have the same problem with my camera. 

ESentz
Guide
Guide
I had to contact support. My issue seemed to spread to another camera. I followed the steps of removing the camera and trying to add it back, but it would never resync with the base station. Support had me do the usual reboot, remove camera, swap camera around, etc with still no luck . In the end, they sent me a new base station.
blackgrendel
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for posting this. Have exactly the same problem with my 3 pro 2 cams. 2 Ultras are fine but can't sync the pro 2 cameras. Really frustrating. Was working fine and then started seeing hub flash constant Orange. Now it's back to blue but have the issue of not being able to sync the pro 2s.
Still waiting on response from support...been 3 days. Not good enough.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation