Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra not recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ESentz
Guide
Guide
Hello, recently I have an issue with just one Arlo ultra of the 4 I have. One camera consistently does not record to the cloud. It occasionally will record. When I look at the camera it will show an event but nothing recorded to the cloud. At times, I will create motion for the camera to record and it doesn't even record nor show activity, other times it will record and show activity. I have removed it from the base station and paired it again. I have reset the base station and even tried other cameras in its place with the problem consistently following the one camera. Any thoughts on what else I could do. I already have pvr and smart package. Also, the base station and cameras are all on current firmware.
Any help would be great.
3 REPLIES 3
Kiwi_Arlo
Star
Star

Sounds similar to the issue that I and lots of others appear to be having - more in other threads, but if it's the same problem then the bottom line is that there isn't a fix yet.  Suggest you call Arlo and log the problem. The more of us who do, the more likely it is that their engineers will get deployed onto the problem.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using Cloud Activity Zones?  If so, try turning them off (as a test), and see if that makes any difference in the recordings.

ESentz
Guide
Guide
Thank you both for the info. I read the other issues and seems I am not alone. I disabled the zones and still have the same behavior as before. It records and notifies me off and on for this particular camera. At night time, the camera does not even detect me most times with the sensitivity at 100%, other times it does but again no recording. I will contact arlo support to make them aware of the issue affecting another user. Seems like a firmware update again may help.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation