Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra not recording after plan expires.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Askntell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seriously upset no plan so my security upper priced ultra cameras won’t record.

highly thinking about throwing them in trash can and buying cct 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you read the documentation and check your subscriptions you'll realize that these cameras have always required a subscription - you got a trial one when you installed them. What did you think would happen when the trial ended?

You don't have to have a subscription, however, if you use a microSD card in the hub and set up local recording using that section in the hub settings. You can then use the app to view those recordings.

ming8888
Star
Star

Yeah after subscription we should at least get 7 days viewing as previous discussed which was about 1 year ago until present. 

There was numerous discussion which ARLO put it you can access your own system (SD memory)  without subscription which you can see after 1 year of numerous bugs they put out a fix which every single owner says "local lan only" .

These system is and was not cheap to start with it defeat it's purpose of security camera if you have to subscribe. I have listed it and should be sold moving on to EUFY or Lorex which they already honor since day one without subscription or at least remote access to SD MEMORY recording.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ming8888 

Just as @jguerdat  said it was a trial. Always any camera from the Ultra and newer require a subscription Not sure where you saw it or were told otherwise. But the Pro2 and older have the free 7 so you are beating a dead horse here and other threads. 

Askntell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Researched my options, I caved. I bought the plan. Being how cloud recording should be free. To intricate it in Cheaper older models and not the higher priced models is an insult to charge so much for hardware. The draw back is all the cameras that require the paid service have the magnet charging cable. This is a more reliable all weather charging for outdoors. The direct plug in older model charge cable fail due to condensed moisture buildup. I spent three hours wiring around my property to use the magnet cables. I will stick with arlo, I’m guessing three To five more years with my setup. With all the overhead price of these cameras & service charge. You would think Arlo experts would fix their camera problem from not blurring when zooming in. Picture degradation gets real bad. Seeing how the ultra is a 4 k resolution. It’s not true 4 k if it doesn’t hold quality when you zoom in. Thus it’s hardware Or software is comprised & mis commercialized. Essentially overpriced. Considering everything mentioned. It’s still a solid camera. But other company’s are on Arlos heels. This is a warning Arlo. Fix this before a competitor comes out with one that does. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation