Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra images pink and green

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

My cameras are how 1 at a time loosing the normal video and showing pink and green images with lines across them.  Support says to delete, power off, reboot base and add back.  Anyone else having this problem?  I have to do this once a week.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I might tend to think it's a signal strength/quality issue. Try moving a camera closer to the hub for testing and see if that helps. You could also move the hub closer to the cameras or at least to one camera.

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Definitely not a distance thing.  All 4 cameras go through this at least 2 times every 2 weeks.  If the base can’t communicate 12 feet and through a French door there are much larger problems with strength.  It has max bars.

this is a software hardware issue.  If I reboot the base every 3 days the cameras seem to do better but still get this.

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now that 4K local storage is in place I can download and view easily.  The video problems don’t appear on local storage.  So the video was received in 4K locally.

Meiko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Had the same issue with on I purchased two days ago. Logged a support ticket after trying all the following suggestions I found which didn’t fix the issue. Originally mine had a pink tinge on everything.
Reboot base station
Remove camera and then add it again
Removed camera then rebooted base station and added camera.
Toggled night vision on and off
Shutdown camera took out battery waited and replaced battery and restarted
Shone light in lense (changed from pink to washed out and yellow.
Rebooted camera back to pink
Tried the magnet trick (did nothing)
Shut off camera took out battery. Turned lense downside on tea towel then put battery back in and case. Started camera waited for it to boot and slowly brought the lense up (did nothing)
Called Arlo support they got me to remove camera and re add it and also reinstall the app (not sure why the all as same issue on web portal)
They agreed camera faulty and they would replace but due to COVID I would have to pay for postage and they would refund me later (what a joke)
As it was a me one I contact the place I purchased it (Devicedeal.com.au). They immediately offered to replace it and sent me a consignment number via emai s I wouldn’t be charged for postage.
Basically if it’s color is washed out or pink and you don’t hear a click when moving it from light to dark and at night the recording is perfect then it’s pretty much fubar and needs to be replaced. If new recommend going to where you purchased it. If not then log a ticket with Arlo to get a replacement.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation