Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra have to pay after the year to be able to access to your video

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
suna
Initiate
Initiate

I was planning on updating my arlo from pro to ultra but after reading all the reviews I kinda changed my mind it seems like arlo ultra has allot of issues as far updates and software and the deal breaker is that you have to pay after they year to be able to access to your video by using your phone I also read that arlo is going to fix that issue by offering a free 7 days cloud because of all the negative reviews the ultra have is this true or it is just internet talk

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@suna wrote:
..... I also read that arlo is going to fix that issue by offering a free 7 days cloud because of all the negative reviews the ultra have is this true or it is just internet talk

Not sure about free 7 days cloud, but Arlo did promise that there would be local access to recordings through the graphical user interface without having to remove the memory chip from the hub.

But that is local. I don't know if it will include remote access.

I'd wait for developments.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

suna,

Arlo Ultra will not have free 7 day cloud storage. For content to be stored on the cloud, you must have a subscription plan.

As mentioned by michaelkenward, we plan the release remote access to local storage later this year. For more information, take a look here: Local and Remote Access to Local Storage for Arlo Ultra via Arlo App Expected in Second Half of 2019

JamesC

suna
Initiate
Initiate
So when in the second half they planning on doing this there is only 3month left before the year ends
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation