Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chantal2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a question regarding placement of the hub. I have the arlo ultra 2 camera. I just added my previous cameras (arlo pro) to this new hub. I have my cameras mainly in the back of my house but now with the new ultras i want them in the front because they have cvr. My old ones remain in the same place (mainly back side of house). Because my older cameras were mainly in the back i moved my hub with a wifi extender to a back room so signal can work better and it has. But now that the other 2 (the ultras) are going in the front and the others stay in the back, im confused as to where to place the hub so that they all get signal. Im changing my current spectrum router to a nighthawk ac3200 tri band for this reason(haven’t installed yet, i get it delivered tomorrow) But now I guess my question is should i place my arlo hub near the front or back? I just really need them to work with the cvr rolling nonstop. Without wifi interruptions. So placement of the hub is confusing me. Btw house camera placement is all within 5,000 sqft. Thank you in advance! 😃
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chantal2020,

You may have to experiment with the hub placement to find the best location for signal strength for all of your cameras. Every environment is different.

Alternatively, you could add an additional SmartHub, one in each location to provide optimum signal strength to your cameras in both locations.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation