Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Arlo ultra base station keeps going offline? Never happened before now randomly keeps happening on latest firmware. Only way to reset this is to restart... My orbi satellite has gig internet and working like a champ. Not sure whats going on??

16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Running same with Orbi... issue now and then going off line, moved the Ultra base farther away from Orbi and all issues went away... there was some sort of interference

(Used a 15 ft ethernet cable)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Which Orbi system are you using? There was a bad firmware update that went out yesterday to some Orbi systems and that is causing big problems for a lot of Orbi users.  It mainly effects the new AX6000 series Orbi and the firmware would be V3.2.10.11.  If you are running that Orbi system, see what firmware you're on, and if that's what it is, get back to me and I may have a solution. 

Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yup I checked and I had that new firmware... definitely causing a lot of problems... multiple people complaining on Orbis community page.
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, here’s what you gotta do.. log into your orbi and go under the ADVANCED TAB/ADVANCED SETTINGS/WIRELESS SETTINGS and look at the CTS and RTS values for both the 2.4g and 5G radios.  The firmware was released with a mistake.  Those values should read 2347 but I bet they both say 64.  Go in and change both those values to 2347 which is the highest it can be, hit APPLY.,   I also did a reboot for good measure after the orbi came back up and everything seems to be working better.  This should fix the problem.  

Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok so I did the increase but theres 1 issue I am hard wired on my satellites end... ( all of them) even after the increase I am constantly seeing a disconnect to my ultra base stations... After a little while they re-connect.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

have you thought about rolling back to an earlier FW in the Orbi ?

Morse is faster than texting!
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Try manually going back to the older firmware which was 3.2.9.2 and can be downloaded here

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK852.aspx#download

Always update/downgrade the satellite first and then do the router after.    Let me know if you need help. 

RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

What I noticed with my base station that it was stable all day (6am-730pm) while I was away from home checking in on my boxer throughout the day but as soon as I got home and my iphone joined the network, that's when the issue with the base station started.  What I ended up doing yesterday was taking everything offline and rebooting everything (modem, orbi, arlo, iphone) and everything seemed to have calmed down.  I don't know if there was a conflict with the base station and my iphone but there was something going on cause it worked great when I wasn't as home but as soon as I got home, I checked to see if everything was working and sure enough the base station was offline again after being online all day without one problem.

Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi I tried it but it auto updated back to current firmware???? This disconnecting issue is so bad!! On Netgear Orbi AX community everyone is complaining. Different devices all disconnecting...
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Something is weird with this whole situation.  My arlo base station seems to go down at the same time every hour. I’ve been restarting my orbi all day trying to figure things out, yet the restarts are still always at the same exact time.  It’s always at 35 minutes past the hour, every hour.  Have you  figured at what time your base station goes down?

tc81
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm having a pretty similar issue. My base station is permanently offline even though the light on the base is solid blue. Can't use my cameras at all. Spent the last 2 days speaking with support and this evening they asked me to get a replacement base station. Having the same issue with the new one as well. I do have an AX6000. Logged a case with Netgear support as well. What happens with me is the following :

1) Reset the Arlo base station
2) Open the Arlo app and re-add it
3) Once I've managed to add the base, it tries to install new firmware
4) new firmware install fails and light on base turns from Blue to Amber
5) Orbi base shown as offline in the app and at my arlo.com
5) Reboot the base and the light on the base turns back to blue
6) Base continues to show offline.

Really confused and very frustrated with this situation. Wish I'd stuck with my Asus routers
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is the firmware on the AX6000 up to date?  I know it's a pain in the b^%& but is there any way you can isolate the Arlo to the point where its the only device hooked up to the Orbi so there's no conflicts with other devices that may be connected to the network?  I ran into an issue where the Orbi was assigning the same IP address to two devices and for obvious reasons, one of those devices will not work.  I ended up reserving an IP address for the Arlo and then turned off all devices and then slowly turned them on, one by one until they were all assigned different IP addresses by the Orbi and everything is working great now.  To make this even more future proof, I would start off fresh by resetting your Orbi and setting it up from scratch, but still reusing your same WiFi name so that you don't have to go and input the settings into all your devices. 

Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thx for the info! Im definitely seeing the ip issues. I talked to Netgear support the highest level and they advised me that I should get a beta firmware fixing this issues. So im stuck waiting
rpdranc
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I have Orbing with two satellites and a UBIQUITI, WIFI extender for 12 acres down by pond. I have an Ultra base station at house and an Arlo Pro 2 far from house. Any idea if I can ADD another Ultra Base station to computer in house for doorbell? All 9 cameras work but the new doorbell I installed today!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rpdranc wrote:

Any idea if I can ADD another Ultra Base station to computer in house for doorbell? All 9 cameras work but the new doorbell I installed today!!

You can add another Ultra base, but it would be connected to the router via ethernet (not the PC).

But I'd try moving a camera to the doorbell location, and see if that works first.

rpdranc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks!! 2 Ultra Base Stations and Our original Pro 2 , all 10 cameras COVERING 13 acres FULL bar coverage👍🏻👍🏻
Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation