Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
MickT
Tutor
Tutor

Guys, I have a 9 camera system that worked reasonably well since December 2019. Two weeks ago I lost all 4 fields in the Modes section. When I clicked on the modes  screen it simply said MY DEVICES, Picture of the smart hub and Getting information.  No armed or disarmed fields were visible, obviously I couldn’t activate the system or as it turns out I couldn’t deactivate the system. I rebooted the Smart hub and the router several times and pressed restart as well. All to no avail, I then removed the smart hub from the system and then reinstalled it. Success, except for the fact that I now had to reinstall 9 cameras and as Arlo cameras won’t reconnect automatically I had to pop 9 cameras and press the connect buttons and then reset the individual camera settings. Not the end of the world, but the modes section crashed again a week later. I went thru the process again on Tuesday last and it crashed again yesterday, help please!

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MickT,

When this happens, what is the LED behavior on the SmartHub and do you see the same "getting information" behavior in the mobile app and on the web client from a computer?

JamesC

MickT
Tutor
Tutor
dcfox1
Master
Master

JamesC ask u a question for for more info in last response. 

MickT
Tutor
Tutor
Led light remains blue, mobile app says ‘getting information’, computer in ‘modes’ shows the four fields, but cannot move from disarmed to armed, locked in disarmed position. I did send a reply yesterday, thanks James.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Very strange that it would say My Devices and show a pic of the smarthub when you click to go to the modes tab.  Any chance of a screenshot?

MickT
Tutor
Tutor

I’ll have a go, not my forte. 

MickT
Tutor
Tutor

Steve, I will be back in Brisbane at the Smart Hub tomorrow, I will see what I can do. Thanks for your input. 

MickT
Tutor
Tutor

Steve, I don’t know how to screen shot and send it, However I removed the not so smart hub today, reinstalled it, reinstalled each camera and its individual settings. The minute the last camera was set, it crashed again. I got a week the first time, then two days, then one day and this time not even I hour.   What I see when I press Modes.     ’MODES’ at the top of the page. MY DEVICES under that but very faint not highlighted. Under that an image of the not so smart hub. ‘SmartHub’ highlighted next to the image, space, then Getting information >. The screen sits like that till I remove everything from the hub and then reinstall it. I have got AUD $4,000.00 worth of junk. Thanks for your time. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you delete the app from your phone/device and then go to the app store / play store and re-download and install it? Something's very wrong here. The Mode button is now at the bottom of the screen and has been for a while.

What kind of device are you using?

MickT
Tutor
Tutor

Steve, I use an iPad or iPhone 7, I will delete both and download again. The mode tab  is third along the bottom on my devices, between the history and the settings tab. What I described to you is the screen I see when I press the Modes tab on the bottom line. I have taken photos of both screens, the good and the bad, I can email them but I don’t how to include them in these transmissions. I tried contacting Arlo thru their 1800 number and thru JB Hifi where I bought this rubbish, but that was an exercise in futility.

MickT
Tutor
Tutor

New App download on the iPad, I’ll leave the iPhone disconnected. I said history tab instead of library tab. 

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation