Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra 2 solar charging not working

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ablonski
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set of 4 ultra cameras purchased at Costco. I purchased solar panels however after connecting I noticed only 1 of them is working really well. I swapped panels, cameras, housings and ultimately it seems that problem is with batteries.

1 of the batteries is immediately recognizing solar panel and charging (green sun icon and charging icon) ,

1 battery is recognizing solar panel (Grey sun icon) and sometimes showing charging however not enough to keep camera powered

2 of the batteries are not recognizing solar panels at all, never charging.

Do I need to buy new batteries to enjoy solar panels? Normal charging is working great but is a bit annoying...

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have one panel that uses the magnetic connection that occasionally needs to have the connector reseated, as if something blocked the connection.

According to the following FAQ, the gray sun icon means the panel is connected but not charging due to too hot or cold, which seems unlikely depending on your location. You might want to reinsert the battery to see if that resets the camera properly but you may need to remove and reinstall the camera.

https://kb.arlo.com/1179176/What-do-my-Arlo-camera-s-battery-level-icons-and-notifications-mean

Ablonski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I tried swapping cameras/batteries /solar panels. It really seems that only 1battery is charging, doesn't matter which solar panel or which camera I use.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If new enough to be swapped at the store, do that. Otherwise, use Settings, Support (Center) to choose your camera model and start talking to official support. they may authorize warranty RMAs.

Ablonski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. Just wanted to share that after trying different things I cleaned connection pins and solar started working

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation