Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo secure app v. 4.8 (6787) status icons very delayed

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

After Arlo Secure app was updated to version 4.8 (6787) on Aug 30th, the status icons in iOS app is extremely slow.

When starting the app the icons appear greyed out, and it can sometimes take several minutes, before icons below video show correct status, with regards to network / hub connection, battery status, mode.

Again, if I change mode from Active to Deactivated, the mode icon is still "turned on" for a long time, before it is greyed out. Same the other way around.

This has happened before, with another app upgrade. It is frustrating to have to go to mode view every time, to verify if cameras are on or not. I need to trust my security cameras 🙂

I have Arlo Ultra cams and Ultra hub. If I log in to my system via web browser, everything seems to be ok, no sirup situation when changing mode i.e.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update @yngveeide 

This issue should now be resolved with the latest version of the iOS app v4.9

If you do not see the update you can remove and re-install the Arlo app.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @yngveeide 

I am not able to replicate this ussue as described. Do you see the "Feed" or "Library" option in your Arlo App? 

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, yes. Everything is normal in the app, except from the annoying delay in the status icons

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@yngveeide Do you see the "Feed" or "Library" option in your Arlo App? 

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, yes I do, as replied to last post asking the same question.

The issue is the delay in the status icons. Just connected one cam to a charger now. The charge status icon just doesn't appear, I have to quit the app, and restart it. If you need screen shots, or screen video capture, let me know.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@yngveeide You need to answer with 'library' or 'feed', not with 'yes'!

The support are trying to determine whether you're using the app with the new GUI or the old one.

Are you sure your delay isn't due to your phone running out of space? 

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

When you provide context for the question, that makes sense @Edinburgh_lad1 🙂

I have the iOS app with Library, so the answer is library.

I have 143 GB available on my iPhone 13 Pro.

Logged into myarlo.com just now, still no issues there, when changing mode, the icons report status and change immediately.

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

So just in case; Arlo Secure, now just upgraded to v. 4.8.1, situation is exactly the same on my iPad Pro. Extreme delay with regards to status icons showing correct status, network connection, security mode, etc.

Have to kill / restart app to get icons to display correct battery and network status. Yet another restart does not fix icons, that do not reflect a security mode is activated. Only after several minutes do they show this.

This surely appear as an iOS app issue, and there was to issue like this in app version 4.7.X, this all startet when v. 4.8 was pushed through App Store. And this has happened before with app upgrades.

I have deleted downloaded videos in app (just a few), I have deleted and reinstalled app on my phone (and my iPad), I have tried disconnecting camera and reconnecting to hub, (the issue does not affect just one of my cams, but all), nothing has solved the issue so far.

Maybe app version 4.8.2 will fix it?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@yngveeide Thank you, I received the files and provided them to the team. I will update you as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you @ShayneS 

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yesterday evening, app version 4.9 (6942) was pushed through App Store, end everything is now back to normal. Icons are responding and showing network status, security mode and changes made, etc. without any delay, and I can trust my Arlo Ultra setup yet again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update @yngveeide 

This issue should now be resolved with the latest version of the iOS app v4.9

If you do not see the update you can remove and re-install the Arlo app.

Thank you 

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation