Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
@ShayneS

I have been having geofencing issues since the most recent app update. My wife’s iphone continually says “in zone” and does not change when away.

I have tried removing her from the geofencing, turning off geofence, reboot, turn on geofence and re add. Still does not work correctly. Her iphone is iPhone X with most recent iOS 13.5.1, and most recent update of the arlo app.

Tried reinstalling app as well after a hard boot of phone.

Anybody else having similar issue? I had no issues with geofence for quite a while now, though these issues were all smoothed out.

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Dbensette

Thank you for reporting this. The Arlo development team is currently investigating these reports with Geofencing. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dbensette

Does this issue occur while using a schedule? or are you using the Armed/Disarmed  modes?

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
@ShayneS

My system is always used with geofencing, but when I am in “home” mode it uses my “schedule”.

Hope that helps.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you, I have forwarded this info.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue after the 2.18 app update?

If so, do you mind sending me an app log & I will escalate this to my team. 

Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue after the 2.18 app update?

If so, do you mind sending me an app log & I will escalate this to my team. 

If possible, the development team would like to take a closer look at the app logs from your device to investigate the issue you're reporting. You can retrieve these logs by logging in When logged in > click the arlo logo 3 times > Send email pops up > You will then see an email prompt, send the logs to AskArlo@arlo.com subject line attention Shayne/Mark.

After i've received the logs i'll get these over to the development team for analysis.

Thank you

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks Shayne.

I appreciate you getting back to me. The problem has been resolved, but I am sure if it was the app update or not.

Yesterday, I took away access for my wife's phone, deleted her app, then restarted the phone. I then reinstalled the app and reset her access and it all seems to be working now.

Could have been the ap, could have needed the reset, but either way, its all good now.

Thanks for your help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dbensette

That sounds great. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Enjoy your week.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation