Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station compatible as audible alarm on Arlo Ultra Base Station?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Loudogggg
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro 2. I understand the cameras are forward compatible with the Ultra, but is the Arlo Pro 2 Base station forward compatible with the Arlo Ultra basestation? The reason i ask is it would be great to use it as an additional stand alone audible alarm as it is LOUD.

I know the cameras in the ultra have their own alarm but I'd hate to just get rid of the Pro 2 Base station when it could serve as a great purpose for an additional audible alarm to deter unwanted guests.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Loudogggg,

Arlo Ultra would need to be synced to a SmartHub. You could then create a rule that tells a Pro base station that is on the same account as the SmartHub to sound it's siren when the Ultra camera detects motion.

Is this what you're wanting to do?

JamesC

brh
Master
Master

@Loudogggg,

The Ultra camera only works with the Ultra Smart Hub. They will not work with earlier base stations. I am keeping my Pro base stations both for the built in siren, (the Ultra Smart Hub does not have an internal siren), and to extend the range for some of my Pro and Pro2 cameras that would have a low signal strength on just one hub/base. They can all be active on one account, you would just need a way to connect the older base with an ethernet cable to a router to extend the range of the cameras, (mesh router, wifi extender, long ethernet cable to the router, etc.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation