Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kelvinsmj
Tutor
Tutor
I am currently using Arlo Ultra Smart Hub model number VMB5000v4. It is showing me firmware 1.16.5.7_946_a530306 but my understanding is this is way behind and there is 1.18 out there. When I click on the firmware number, it says no updates available.

Anyone shares the same experience or any clues?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @kelvinsmj

I had your base station placed on a production firmware that should allow you to update to the latest version. You can try rebooting your base to receive the update or wait for it to automatically push through.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @kelvinsmj

The Smart Hub will push for updates periodically, this update may be in a slow roll out phase as well. This would result in FW being pushed in waves vs all at once to the consumer. Your Smart Hub should update automatically when available. You can also try rebooting it to see if it finds the update or updates itself. 

kelvinsmj
Tutor
Tutor
Tried that, rebooted my base station multiple times
My firmware is on v1.16 while the latest is on v1.18. I don't think it is just one or two updates missed.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kelvinsmj wrote:
My firmware is on v1.16 while the latest is on v1.18. I don't think it is just one or two updates missed.

FWIW, one of mine ( a VMB5000r3) is still running 1.17; the other is running v1.18.  So I think there is something not quite right in the firmware updating.

Though painful, one thing you could try is removing the base (all cameras connected to it) from the account, and re-onboarding.

kelvinsmj
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo is pretty hopeless and useless in providing real help to users. Read many posts in this forum and the kind of help provided is just unbelievable from Arlo. What do they expect when they kept pushing users to subscribe when they can't even provide quality of help needed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated this to the dev team and I will provide another update as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @kelvinsmj

I had your base station placed on a production firmware that should allow you to update to the latest version. You can try rebooting your base to receive the update or wait for it to automatically push through.

Thanks 

kelvinsmj
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks Shayne.
It is now updated to .18

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awesome, let me know if you have any other questions. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation