Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Good afternoon @JamesC 

any news on when you will post the firmware update notes for the VMB500 basestation firmware that was updated yesterday?

Thank you in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

n1976jmk,

Release notes are now available here: Arlo Firmware Release Notes

JamesC

Mad_cow
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC 

Release Details:

Arlo Smart Hub - VMB5000 - 1.16.1.3_510_1a608c1

Highlights:
• Bug fixes

Very helpful.

There is so many issues with the last firmware, was ANY of the issues address? I am getting emails reminding me my smart trail is ending. If the company has any interest in getting future business from me, I want to be sure the product isn't going to keep being as flakey as it has been since I have owed it. I am close to abandoning my camera system and moving to Swann, the amount of time I have spent on this thing trying to keep it running, and rebooting the hub, I could have run cables to each of my cameras.

Contactfdc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmm,

My basestation is now offline after upgrading the FW.  I rebooted the basestation. No luck still shows a solid amber light.  Same thing happened the last time the SW was upgraded last month.  Now it appears that I need a full factory reset. Is there any other solution, other than a full factory reset?

Thanks

DadBod
Guide
Guide

Your system is now bricked until they roll out a firmware fix.

dcfox1
Master
Master
Contactfdc
Aspirant
Aspirant
No luck after factory reset. Interestingly, the WiFi router can see the bs and I can ping it. The indicator light is a solid blue. That says it’s connected to the internet. The funny thing is that I added an older bs the vmb4000. That works fine, the app found it, upgraded the FW and I was able to connect an older camera to it. However, that system will not accept my Arlo 4K cameras.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Contactfdc wrote:
However, that system will not accept my Arlo 4K cameras.

It should. https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

You do need to remove the camera from the account, and then re-add it to the new base though.

@Contactfdc wrote:
No luck after factory reset. Interestingly, the WiFi router can see the bs and I can ping it. The indicator light is a solid blue. That says it’s connected to the internet.

One of my VMB5000 bases sometimes does that after a firmware update.  Removing the base from the account and then re-adding it resolves the problem.  The web client then gives you a list of your cameras, and you can re-add them w/o needing to manually resync them all.

Arlo claims this is a base hardware problem (and it is not covered by warranty).  Personally I don't think so.  But if your base is covered by the warranty, then you might want to contact support and ask for a new one.

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

They aren't release notes.. its this a joke..

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@JJAdV wrote:

They aren't release notes.. its this a joke..

Watch this space:

Firmware Release Notes - Arlo Community

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Opinions are opinions but if something is working fine and is broken immediately after a firmware update with multiple users then it's not rocket science where the issue lies.  Though there have been issues all along, never in 15 months have I had cameras dropping offline and refusing to reconnect, requiring complete removal and not even a manual re-sync would work until the hub was removed.  Of my 7 cams 5 have always had full bars and 2 have had 2 bars.  Now it takes forever to find them and connect 1 has full bars 3 have 2 bars and the rest are red.  Nothing, Nothing has changed except the firmware update.  Not rocket science.

Contactfdc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for confirming that Arlo Ultra 4K cameras can me added to the VMB4000.  I was able to connect one of my 5 Ultra cameras to the older VMB4000 BS.  That's cool and I will add the others when I get a chance.

That doesn't solve the issue with the VMB5000 BS.   

Here's the interesting thing.  I'm a beta tester for Cirrent.com's network monitoring INI tool. It's a Raspberry Pi setup as a sniffer and it can see both Arlo base stations on my network.  However, the VMb5000 BS goes off intermittently.  Not sure if that's by design or if some watchdog timer is kicking off if it does not get registered to the Arlo server. This says to me that the problem is probably at the Arlo cloud server side. 

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation