Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
VeryOldboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo...you must be joking

Received Arlo Ultra 1 pack...set it up all connected ok.

Moved camera to a new position, 7m away from base and no walls in between...Camera not connecting.

Seriously, fire some developpers here. Can't sell something at this price with trivial connection problems in ideal environments.   Get you act together.  BTW the camera is plugged in, I did remove the battery for 1min before replacing it. connection strength is 'good'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VeryOldboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it did upgrade to the latest firmware. 

After moving camera again, rebooting base station and waiting 20min the camera managed to connect. Painful

Will see how stable over next 24h 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VeryOldboy,

Did the camera successfully update to the latest firmware?

You can find the firmware version under Settings > My Devices > select the camera > Device Info > firmware.

The latest firmware versions can be found here: Release Notes

JamesC

VeryOldboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it did upgrade to the latest firmware. 

After moving camera again, rebooting base station and waiting 20min the camera managed to connect. Painful

Will see how stable over next 24h 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VeryOldboy,

Please let me know if you continue to experience issues, I'd be happy to help.

JamesC

nicomohler
Guide
Guide

I also have serious connection issues. Two cameras work fine but the third one cannot establish a stable connection. Strangely, the Arlo Doorbell which is positioned at the exact same spot as the third camera works fine. The camera and the doorbell both have two out of three connection bars. Previously, I managed to connect the camera but suddenly no more. I already tried to take out the battery and reinsert after one minute. Unfortunately, this did not help neither.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nicomohler,

Try swapping the camera that is having problems with one of your other cameras that works well. This will help isolate the issue to the location or to the camera.

JamesC

nicomohler
Guide
Guide

Dear James

Thank you for your quick answer. I tried to place two cameras right next to each other and both experience the same connection problems. Although they both show two out of three connection bars, no stable video connection can be established. The distance to the base station is about 40 feet and there are two windows between the camera and the base station.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nicomohler,

Is there any way you could relocate the SmartHub closer to the location with the issue? It sounds like interference is causing the issue if you've tried multiple cameras at that location.

You might also try elevating the SmartHub if you're not able to relocate entirely as this could help the signal strength.

JamesC

nicomohler
Guide
Guide

Unfortunately, I cannot relocate. I already put the hub as close as possible and as elevated as possible. As mentioned, the Arlo doorbell seems to be working fine.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nicomohler,

The doorbell requires less bandwidth than the camera, so the signal strength comparison isn't the same. If multiple cameras aren't working in that location, that means the location is the issue.

Is there any way you can try adjusting the cameras position? Even slight changes can have a big impact on improving signal strength if you can reduce the distance or eliminate obstacles between the SmartHub and the camera.

JamesC

VeryOldboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok so been running it over the week-end.  Some stability issues from time to time persist with the camera not connecting to the base station. Tried different locations.  Signal strength always tested as good. So need more work on this part but otherwise works very well. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation